Fundación A LA PAR > Services for people with ID > Therapeutic accompaniment > DIEM private psychological and clinical assistance
DIEM private psychological and clinical assistance
Having acquired therapeutic experience, the professionals at the Carmen Pardo-Valcarce Foundation work overtime so that this service is available to any individual.
At the Private DIEM, the following types of therapy are available:
- Psychiatric consultation: assessment, diagnosis, pharmacotherapy, and the follow-up of psychiatric illnesses.
- Individual psychotherapy: Dealing with the various difficulties that an individual might face in their daily life appropriately (low self-esteem, impulse control issues, handling emotions, grief, sexual and reproductive health advice etc.).
- Family therapy: Working with the family on situations that might affect and hinder family life.
- Occupational therapy: Working on skills to increase independence: daily life activities (hygiene, transportation, home management, money management, community resources, socializing).
- Animal-assisted therapy: Animal therapy sessions to promote health, education, and human well-being. These are complementary programs in which the animal becomes an essential element that helps and motivates the individual during the therapy.
- Academic preparation and support: Support is provided with basic academic studies, on both an individual basis and in small groups of people with intellectual disabilities.